Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sandwiches and Booze

Haven't posted about food in a little so here it goes.

Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday are Mals "days off." I put it quotations cause on her days off she has to go look for models. This means, I tag along. It usually goes like this:

  1. Wake up around 9 AM EST
  2. Check internets for all going on in the world.
  3. Get dressed.
  4. Leave and go to one of three places.
    • Soho
    • Union Square
    • Herald Square
  5. Once there, she looks for models. I continue to check out the internets and try and "help." Most of the time I pick out girls with the wrong hair. But it's the thought that counts. I will have you no that I am caught up on ALL the cool fashions though. Thats what I get from going into Forever 21, Uniglo, H&M, Victorias Secret, Zara, and every other god damn store with over priced clothes that will never fit me, every 2 days. 
The one good thing about going out and doing this is getting to try new food. That and exercise. We were up near Herald Square yesterday and I was in the mood for a sandwich. Yelped and came up with this place called Num Pang. Holy moly was it good. I never thought I would say this, but I think it was better than Saigon Banh Mi. They basically do banh mi sandwiches on crack. I had the Roasted Chicken 'Chimi'. Roasted chicken with cucumber, cilantro, pickled carrots, chili mayo, and the kicker, pickled apples. All on another great sandwich places bread, Parisi Bakery

Mal got the Boneless Spare Ribs. That was some tender meat. Pork spare ribs, cilantro, pickled carrots, chili mayo, and a spicy tamarind glaze.

It isn't expensive but for the size of the sandwich, it could be cheaper. That was my only complaint. Other than that, really good. Plus how can you beat old school hip hop blaring in the place and walls with this all over them?

After we found all the models we started to head home. But we stopped in at this place a couple blocks from our apartment called Schillers Liquor Bar, where they have a killer happy hour Mon-Thurs 4 to 7:30 PM. All original cocktails are buy one get one free. They have a drink there called Schillers Storm that is mighty tasty. Makers Mark with ginger, pineapple, and plum. I could drink it for days. 

Work is going alright. Still trying to find my place there, but it's good. I finally feel like I am contributing so that puts my mind at ease. Hoping to get into our own place, by the end of March/beginning of April? I don't know. We will see. It could be sooner if you guys wanna right some checks. Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment